House for Sale
Majestic Colonial Family Home
Property ID 1976531For the first time in almost 20 years 'Kimbar' estate is available to the market. The home was constructed by builder and engineer Walter Taylor, who designed many of Brisbane's landmarks including the Walter Taylor Bridge at Indooroopilly.
Blending Victorian grandeur with Australian design sensibility, this majestic colonial property is sure to impress. An exceptionally rare opportunity within its high-side enclave, Kimbar House' is encircled by over 1009sqm of park-like grounds upon an incredibly private landholding.
Engaging in a perfect north easterly aspect, paved walkways surround the sprawling dual level layout with multiple sets of French doors connecting to the outdoor expanses. Sculpted gardens and rolling lawns stem outwards to meet the secluded swimming pool tucked away alongside a private entertaining deck.
Retaining many of its classic hallmarks, sympathetic additions and modern luxuries seamlessly combine to create a truly memorable aesthetic. Towering 10 foot ceilings soar above the formal rooms, master suite, executive office and hallway superbly complimenting the original timber floorboards adorned with traditional motifs. Acting as a bridge between the old and new, the well-appointed expansive kitchen signifies the transition to casual contemporary living. An internal staircase leads down to the ground level of accommodation whilst also providing access to the striking pool area.
- Graceful adjoining formal dining and sitting rooms warmed by a fireplace
- Ambient family room adjacent to the modernised contemporary kitchen
- Stone benchtops and a multitude of storage cupboards in the kitchen are integrated with stainless steel appliances
- Master suite opening to an ensuite bathroom and private north facing verandah.
- Executive home office/library equipped with elegant cabinetry
- Multiple renovated quality bathrooms
- Enormous rumpus room on the ground floor perfectly set up for a teenagers retreat
- Internal access from the double carport off Kianga Street
- Entertainer's garden, swimming pool & entertainers deck
- Luxuriant formal gardens with lighting & serviced by a rainwater tank
- Pressed metal ceilings, decorative archways, fretwork and stain glass windows
- Split system air-conditioning situated throughout the home
- A 5 minute walk to Bank Road restaurant and caf precinct
- Convenient access to quality schools and Graceville train station
Now is your chance to own a piece of Graceville history & Walter Taylor history! For further information, please contact Sharon King or Kris Matthews.
'This property may be going to Auction or advertised without a price and therefore a price guide cannot be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.'
This property is being sold by auction or without a price and therefore a price guide can not be provided. The website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes.